Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A tribute : Stephen Loh


First of all , I would like to thank this man for being a good friend and a teacher of mine . He is 1 man who can tolerate our nonsense in sec 5 . The bond he formed with my class is unbelievable , especially for a man who has barely taught us for a year , we also meet often subsequently , to say the least Gary and I .

When the news of his death came , my mind became a blank . I was totally devastated and overwhelmed as I had wanted to meet him in the coming weeks to catch up with old times . I was wondering how did a man like him just died like that . He is simply a good guy

Students told in testimonials that he is a dedicated teacher who gives tuition even after working hours . We also learned that he is frugal through reading the newspapers which says that he is given 28k by his grandfather to buy a car , instead of doing so he used the money to further his studies . However , with us he splurged $400+ to give the class a treat on the last day of his lesson with us . I can never question his generosity .

It is such a shame he left too soon and to die by drowning is the last thing people would expect of a water sports athlete . No amount of tears will bring him back . We will remember the times we had together and I hope he's enjoyed his time with us too . *We will remember you

No comments: